thanks that was very helpful i just have 2 more questions:

1. im now using "http://search.twitter.com/search.json?
geocode=37.781157,-122.398720,1mi" if u want to extend my search to
the whole world i cant do this within this code  can i? (because there
is only a limited distance you can extend in miles)

2 . it seems that i am also getting limited on how many times i can
run this quiry, because i need a constant flow of data, and if i am
correct (which i probably not) it limits me to 150 quirys an hour. how
do i change this?