Thanks!! I'm also looking at the local trends API - there seems to be a world-wide endpoint there (WOEID=1) and the documentation there indicates that there's a caching frequency of five minutes. So that's probably what I'll go with.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>:

Hi Ed,

trends/current is the most appropriate and informationally dense end point
and will stick around.

Taylor

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <