I do this with a combination of text templates containing HTML and
CSS. You can use PHP on a server to take JSON data from the API and
place it into the HTML template. Then embed it into a web page and
format the tweets with CSS. On the client side you can use Javascript
to allow the user to pull in more tweets, and display a count of new
tweets since the page was loaded. This gives you the SEO benefit of
having the tweets in your original Web page, and the interactive UI
with Javascript. What you don't want to do is call the Twitter API
directly from Javascript in the web page. That is slower, and the
tweets are invisible to Google.

I have an open source framework for this model of tweet display at:
http://140dev.com/free-twitter-api-source-code-library/twitter-display/

The documentation page on code architecture will show you how all the
steps work together. You can contact me if you have any questions
about setting it up.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Daniel <daniel.faza...@danielfazakas.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to use the Twitter search API and display tweets formatted
> according to http://dev.twitter.com/pages/display_guidelines
>
> How do I go from a tweet in JSON format to the specified format
> without having to do the string manipulation myself? Is there a
> javascript tool that can do this?
>
> Thanks

> Change your membership to this group:

Adam Green