This tutorial will give you a step-by-step method for posting tweets to a
Twitter account with PHP and OAuth:
http://140dev.com/twitter-api-programming-tutorials/hello-twitter-oauth-php/

You can contact me directly if you have any questions. One thing I'd add to
the tutorial is to register your Twitter app with the URL of your news site.
That gives you two URLs in each tweet. One can be the URL you embed in the
tweet, which points directly to the article. The other is the "via" link
that Twitter puts in the dateline. That goes to the URL you enter when
registering the app.

To answer another common question in advance, you enter links into the tweet
text by just using a URL, not by adding '<a href=...' around the URL. So if
you put google.com or http:///google.com into a tweet, they will
automatically be displayed as links.

I know others on this list will warn you that just tweeting links to your
website is a poor use of Twitter. I agree up to a point. I think *just*
tweeting links is a bad idea, but tweeting a mixture of links to useful
articles, and human tweets to your followers is an effective way to build an
active account.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM, jump_simon <
analyt...@berniciabiggerpicture.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am a php developer and am in need of an API/Code to once a news item
> is published within a CMS, to then update a Twitter account with this
> information and a link back to the news article itself.
>
> Any help, links or anything that would help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

> Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> Change your membership to this group:

Adam Green