I just did a quick count of tweets per day over that period for two systems
that track keywords. One looks steady for the 16th. The other glitched on
the 16th and had to be restarted. Depending on how you track the streaming
API, what I experienced as a failed connection may have been just a
temporary loss for you. So the answer is maybe. The fact that software works
for a long time with the API is no guarantee it will continue to do so. I
look at that as job security.

If your bosses are "very angry" over lost tweets from the API, they have a
lot of stress to look forward to. They should deal with it. The data is
free, right? If they want no losses, they can pay Gnip. That is what it is
there for.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Frank Sorro <xoo9i...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Twitter admins and developers,
> I am developing a social media application which uses a follow stream
> with track words. At about 21:00 on Dev 16 2010 (UTC), the tweet rate
> rapidly dropped from about 2800 tweets per minute to about 700,
> including none we are looking for. Since today (Dec 18th) at about
> 5:15 UTC, the rate is continuously rising again. This is weird because
> nothing was changed and we lost the tweets of almost two days.
> I am quite certain my software didn't have a problem because it worked
> properly for quite some time, and I didn't change anything during this
> time.
> Is it possible that the Twitter Stream API may behave this way? The
> API status page does not report any problems, but maybe it does not
> and not the right ones seemingly.
> It would be very good to hear something from Twitter admins or other
> developers who had the same problem because my bosses are very angry
> with me anyway right now. If it helps, I'll send more info by e-mail.
> Thanks in advance and best regards, Frank

> Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> Change your membership to this group:

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Trainer