This may (or may not) be helpful depending on the nature of your particular
research project... but have a look at: http://nodexl.codeplex.com/

NodeXL is a free Excel template that lets you enter a network edge list,
click a button, and see the network graph.  It has an import function that
grabs from Twitter and allows you to visualize the results as a graph.

hth

Mike B