I'm creating my first twitter integration and I've gotten pretty far
(or at least it feels like have).  I'm pretty confident I'm creating
my OAUTH headers and signature and all that correctly because the
other requests work fine, just not the access_token request.  Here's
what I'm doing:

1. I do the oauth request to http://twitter.com/oauth/request_token
(with the consumer key and consumer secret)

2. I get a response back with the oauth_token and oauth_secret in it.

3. I redirect my user to http://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token={the
oauth_token returned in the last step}

4. I login and click "Allow".

5. It redirects the user back to my callback page with the oauth_token
and oauth_verifier on it (which I store)

6. Now I created an oauth request to http://twitter.com/oauth/access_token.
I sign it with the consumer secret concatenated with and ampersand and
the oauth token secret (from step 2).  I add the oauth_verifier from
step 5 into the header.  I send nothing in the POST data, it is just a
request with the oauth headers on it.  I have my timeout set at 20
seconds, but it times out every time.

Now, while I was working through this last night I made a few mistakes
and I sent some bad requests to the access_token page, so maybe
twitter locked me out or something, but I don't have any information
even though I'm pretty confident I'm doing everything correctly now.

I'm doing this in vb.net in framework 1.1--its an older app that can't
be upgraded to a newer version of the framework yet. I had to create
my own oauth library because I couldn't find a .net 1.1 library, but
I'd be happy to share the code if it would help.

Thanks,
Dave