Hi Everyone,

Before the auth migration, I had a server-side application which using
Twitter username and password along with Zend Framework
(Zend_Service_Twitter) made checking one's follower list very simple.
This process was run autonomously, without client intervention, at a
regular interval.

More importantly, I would store a few sets of usernames and passwords
and run these for each of the former.

With the advent of OAuth, I've dug up all the documentation I could
find to discover that (please correct if wrong):

1. I had to register an application
2. I had to get this application's consumerKey and consumerSecret
3. Using the above I generated a "request token"
3. I had to use this "request token" to authorize the application from
within a browser session through a set of steps
4. This redirects me to a callback where I can capture and store an
"access token".

I've done all this pretty simply [kind of a pain that I have to do it
for each username that I need, but w/e -- I just need it working right
now].

I've tried using this access token to perform basic queries, but I
always get a "Could not authorize you".  Bummer.

Digging further, I've found that there exists a "single access
token".  This apparently lets me perform queries against the API using
an app that I've registered [I've gotten this to work insofar as I can
successfully complete a query].  Great.  Do I however, have to now
register an app for each and every user I want to use in order to use
this method?

As you can tell, there's a degree of confusion here.  If anyone can
point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.