Good suggestion, Taylor. I was using a count of 200 to reduce the
number of calls, and stay under the rate limit. I just tried a count
of 100 and had fewer errors. I need to backfill test from 32 accounts
with a total of 20,000 tweets. I will rewrite this to use a lower
count, perhaps 50, and then spread the testing out over the whole day,
instead of doing it in one run every 24 hours. Thanks.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Taylor Singletary
<taylorsinglet...@twitter.com> wrote:
> What kind of count values are you using? When we're at capacity,
> higher count values' processing time can exceed our timeout filters. I
> would recommend lowering count values as a response to this error and
> retrying.
>
> Taylor
>
> On Thursday, February 3, 2011, Jan Paricka <jpari...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Adam, I noticed the same - 502 502 502 502 a lot lately!
>> Jan
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Adam Green <140...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm using 1/statuses/user_timeline to verify that I am receiving all
>> the tweets for a set of users I am following with the streaming API.
>> Once per day I try to collect all the tweets for these users using
>> this API call. The total process takes about 100 calls to the API. For
>> the last week I have been receiving a very high level of 502 error
>> high traffic related to Egypt, or is something else going on?
>>
>> --
>> Twitter developer documentation and resources: http://dev.twitter.com/doc
>> API updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/twitterapi
>> Issues/Enhancements Tracker: http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list