Hi there.

I want to grab a set of tweets from an arbitrary location.

I'm using http://dev.twitter.com/console to play with.

Selected the geo/search method. Added parameters of "query" and
"london". Hit "Send", get back:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": 12,
      "message": "You must provide valid coordinates, IP address,
query, or attributes."
    }
  ]
}

I've also tried calling the method via PHP and don't even get the
error, rather it returns some HTML that looks like a Twitter page.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get data back from this and what
I'm doing wrong?

Incidentally, that dev console is maddeningly frustrating to use since
it immediately forgets the entered parameters as soon as you submit a
query. Couldn't it submit via ajax, too?

thanks,
Matt