Hi James,

The "track" feature of the User Streams API is more like the general track
filter for the Streaming API
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_methods#track -- in other words,
it's more like a streaming search feature of all public statuses rather than
being a filter on the particular user stream you're listening to.

If you want to filter the User Stream itself, you'll need to handle the
filtering programmatically in your application -- entities are the best way
to filter on a specific hashtag as you surmised.

Taylor

@episod <http://twitter.com/episod> - Taylor Singletary - Twitter Developer
Advocate