Now that I've got OAuth with statuses/follow.json working, I've been working
through building a small part of our app.

Part of the streaming API docs state that only one connection is allowed
(reasonable). Upon making a second connection, the first no longer receives
any data (not even anti-timeout newlines), nor does it get connected by the
server. On my end of things, I've written an async client which can detect
such a condition (it watches a shared Redis key looking for a changed state
when it doesn't receive any data for a while), and automatically
disconnects.

The streaming API docs also state that repeated reconnections, etc., are
frowned upon and may result in banning.

My question is simple: how often can I reconnect to follow different
people/keywords? Obviously ten times a second is well beyond reasonable and
would probably get us banned in seconds. But isat most once every 5 minutes
okay? At most once every minute? At what level would we be safe?

Thank you,
 - Josiah