Thanks for investigating :) Just thought I'd add that I'm also affected by
this, and when I investigated I discovered that the exact selection of users
which are omitted and duplicated is relatively stable; that is, if I run the
same set of lookups on the same chunks of 100 users, it will almost always
be the same users who are missing and duplicated. This can vary slightly
over a course of days, but consecutive requests fail in the same way.

I hope this assists the Twitter team in debugging the issue.

Thanks,
Adrian