I'm running into an issue with my app where if a user logs in and
approves my app in less than 10 seconds or so (ie, I go from calling
the request_token to calling the access_token endpoint in < 10 s), I
get an authentication failure on the access_token request.  Waiting
for a bit before making the access_token request results in the
request going through just fine.

Any idea what could be causing this problem?  Is this an expected
behavior?  I'd guess that some sort of rate limiting might be at play
here, but the documentation specifically says that request_token is
*not* rate-limited.

Any assistance would be appriciated.  If there's any further info that
would help anyone out there address my issue, please let me know.