Hey Alex,

I don't know in which context you plan to use this search widget, but trying
to make your search results "kid-friendly" with simple bad-words filtering
doesn't look very realistic. What about a manually curated list of tweets?
Did you have a chance to take a look on the Faves widget, for example?

Now if you want to use search, you can host & modify the widget.js file. But
if you just need to hide the "join the conversation" link, a simple CSS
rule will do the trick: .twtr-join-conv { display:none !important; }
Obviously, that CSS rule might become useless if the widget markup changes
in the future.

Arnaud / @rno <http://twitter.com/rno>