On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Brian Maso <br...@blumenfeld-maso.com> wrote:
> Just noticed that on a whole lot of tweets I am retrieving through the
> Twitter Search API that the tweet "id" numeric value is not equal to
> the "id_str" value when JSON is turned in to JavaScript objects.

http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/6a16efa375532182?pli=1

"
Before launch it came to our attention that some programming languages such
as Javascript cannot support numbers with >53bits. This can be easily
examined by running a command similar to: (90071992547409921).toString() in
your browsers console or by running the following JSON snippet through your
JSON parser.
    {"id": 10765432100123456789, "id_str": "10765432100123456789"}
In affected JSON parsers the ID will not be converted successfully and will
lose accuracy. In some parsers there may even be an exception.
"

Unless you plan on doing math with IDs, I'd recommend using id_str throughout.