:) Ok, "authenticated" means what it means in the context of the API
calls. I am a developer, I make the difference. Perhaps I wasn't too
clear: first I used cURL to call "http://api.twitter.com/account/
rate_limit_status.json" anonymously, no oauth tokens, nothing, and I
got 150. Then I used a CodeIgniter Twitter library from here
https://github.com/elliothaughin/codeigniter-twitter to authenticate
and make the call to "account/verify_credentials" and to "account/
rate_limit_status". I got my account info ok, which means that the
request was authenticated, but the rate limit was still 150 but with
less remaining request (2 to be exact).

There is no question about whether or not I am authenticated, because
I call other API resources that require authentication and I always
get the data with a 200 http status header, but the maximum hourly
requests stay at 150 and the remaining requests go down after each
call. I'm guessing that it may not stop at 150 on authenticated
requests but I'd hate to have to sit here and click through my app 150
times to find out.

Alin

PS Why would you think I was talking about signing in on twitter.com
when I was talking about verifying credential?