Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for your timely response.  Your suggestion was very
helpful - I logged the response body and am seeing the following
error:

"Invalid / suspended application"

I really don't know why that would be - does that mean that we are
blacklisted? I should point out a few things that you will probably
want to know:

1.  We have a conservative and fairly sophisticated throttling system
to prevent us from over-stepping the rate limit (I don't think that's
the problem...)
2.  On Saturday I received a message from the API support team
confirming that our whitelisted account was in good standing (can
provide the message if it's helpful)
3.  We've seen the rate limit reported in the response change back and
forth somewhat sporadically...

Thank you again for any help you can provide - in general we are very
pleased with the API and we certainly appreciate your support!

Best,
Chris