I don't use any oauth library, i just a sha1 one.

here is my code for mentions :
var parameters = ["oauth_consumer_key="+consumer_key,
"oauth_nonce="+nonce,
"oauth_signature_method="+oauth_signature_method,
"oauth_token="+accessor.oauth_token, "oauth_timestamp="+time,
"oauth_version="+oauth_version]
var baseString = getBaseString(parameters, nonce, time, "GET",
"https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/mentions.json";);
var signature = b64_hmac_sha1(consumer_secret + "&" +
accessor.oauth_token_secret, baseString);

This is the function that generates the baseString :

function getBaseString(parameters, nonce, time, method, url) {
    parameters = parameters.sort();
    var join = parameters.join("&");
    var joindparameters = encodeURIComponent(join);
    var baseString = method + "&" + encodeURIComponent(url) + "&" +
joindparameters;
    return baseString;
}

It's the same code i use to get my timeline.