Greetings all,

Our site currently has a Tweet button for news articles and reviews
with correctly styling and retweet count. We are using Bitly to
shorten the URLs on the backend, but this has caused us to hit the
rate limit.

To solve this I created a controller to do the shortening when the
user clicks the Tweet button and redirect to Twitter's share URL, and
I changed the Tweet button to point to this controller instead of
twitter.com. However, the Twitter JavaScript is overwriting my URL. Is
there any way to tell the JS API to leave the URL alone so we can call
our own URL?

Alternatively, are there any analytics available with Twitter's URL
shortener that we can access? The only reason we need Bitly is for
real-time analytics, and if t.co URLs can provide us the same features
we'd be more than happy to use them.

Thanks,
David