Each OAuth user you're making requests on behalf of gets 350 calls. So, in
total you do have 350*100 calls, but only a maximum of 350 for each user. You
can check the headers being returned from the API to see what class of
rate-limting is being enforced. What action are you performing when you're
hitting the rate-limiting?

On 5 May 2011, at 02:12, Bizzy User wrote:

> I have ran into a problem recently when my app (less than a 100 active
> users) started giving me rate-limiting exceptions. Reading about rate-
> limiting on Twitter and on many threads on this group have completely
> confused me by now. Could someone please succinctly describe how rate-
> limiting works? I am making authenticated requests for rate-limited
> REST methods. Should I be able to make 350 calls per authenticated
> user per hour (350*100 per hour at most if that is the case) or should
> I expect to be rate-limited based on my application's origin-IP (which
> seems to be the behavior we've observed so far) limiting me to only
> 350 calls per hour? It would be really great to get a clear picture
> about this so we know whether or not the time spent in building
> applications around the Twitter ecosystem is even worthwhile.
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi Giroti
> Data Architect
> Bizzy Inc.