Just noticed you're not including retweets (include_rts parameter). The
"count" parameter specifies the number of Tweets to retrieve, but the number
of tweets you'll receive can be lower (if they've been published by a
deleted or suspended user, for example). In your case, it's because you're
stripping retweets.

On your user_timeline (hope you won't tweet in the meantime):

- With retweets (receiving 5 tweets. Note that 2 of them are actually
retweets):
https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=stevenbullen&count=5&page=3&include_entities=1&include_rts=1

- Without retweets (receiving 3 tweets because the 2 retweets have been
filtered):
https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=stevenbullen&count=5&page=3&include_entities=1

Hope that helps!
Arnaud / @rno <http://twitter.com/rno>