Hello API people.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me with.

I have developed an OAuth class in IBM LotusScript which enables me to
write tweets using background agents with the IBM Domino platform.  It
was a steep learning curve but the class appears to work (at least in
part).

Now, today I managed to get my first status update to work and in the
excitement I tried my code, which Twitter responded saying it was a
duplicate - fair enough, it said "hello" only.  However, since then I
can no longer get and status updates to work, I always get "Incorrect
signature".

To check that all the basics are correct, my code allows me to perform
a Token Request to https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token .  This
seems to always work and I never get signature issue.  And to confirm
it works further I can confirm I am getting the correct oauth_token
and oauth_token_secret.

The problem appears when I try to do a direct status update to
https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/update.json .  I have followed the
API info and so far spent two solid days but cannot repeat a
successful post.  Of course I have used the four required keys and
secrets and verified that all the base strings are correct, signature
calculations correct etc etc.  I just wonder if I am sending the
"status=hello" correctly or what...

Basically I am at a loss.  Can anyone help? desperation is setting in.
Is there any additional info I can provide?