This is great, but I worry that this might easily be abused. The code
for a follow button seems written in a way that allows the user to
redress the link however they please. I see the main intent url as
being easily extracted for no-js users; but this means someone could
take that URL, redress it as a link someone would WANT to click on and
fool people into clicking such a button to boost their own follower
counts.

Since this is more of a security issue rather than a bug or a problem
as of yet, I figured why not just reply to this post rather than make
a big heyday about what I perceive as a weakness. If it's already on
the roadmap to improve this function as we go; or if the existing
structure of twitter disallows such an easy exploit then you may
safely disregard this post.

Please note that I have NOT tested this; I'm not going to because it's
better tested by the developers who know the code underlying that
services these requests...and it may not come to be an issue. I just
hope this button ISN'T a one-click follow for sake of security,
because I fear there will be some VERY annoyed honest users once
unscrupulous users begin to abuse this feature.