You've almost got it right -- in your second request, your params should
include cursor=1370145116766924316 -- cursor=-1 needn't be included, as -1
is the value for cursor in the first step, and then you adjust cursor for
each subsequent request. The response tells you what your *next* cursor=
value should be, not the name of key/value pair to include.

So step 1:
  https://api.twitter.com/1/followers/ids.json?screen_name=ev&cursor=-1
And step 2:

https://api.twitter.com/1/followers/ids.json?screen_name=ev&cursor=1370145116766924316