Hi,

The data-lang currently doesn't support Portugese, which, given
Brazils huge and very active Twitter community, is very surprising.
So currently if you specify data-lang="pt", it will default back to
English. This doesn't make sense. Portugese is to all intents and
purposes very similar to Spanish.
I can obviously deal with this in my code. But if in the near future,
Twitter does update the language support, I would have to adapt my
code (or probably forget all about it until someone points it out).
So, it makes more sense for the Twitter code itself to make this
shortcut.

My two cents,

Marc