Hi Alessandro,

We've produced a small guide on using search that explains the search rate
limits a little more.

You can find the page here:
    https://dev.twitter.com/pages/using_search

In it we say:

The Rate Limits for the Search API are not the same as for the REST API.
When using the Search API you are not restricted by a certain number of API
requests per hour, but instead by the complexity and frequency.

As requests to the Search API are anonymous, the rate limit is measured
against the requesting client IP.

To prevent abuse the rate limit for Search is not published. If you are rate
limited, the Search API will respond with an HTTP 420 Error. {"error":"You
have been rate limited. Enhance your calm."}.

I hope that explains what is going on,
@themattharris <https://twitter.com/intent/follow?screen_name=themattharris>
Developer Advocate, Twitter

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Alessandro <alessandro.marrone...@gmail.com