There's nothing explicit like the function Facebook has. Instead, you could
encourage the user to craft a tweet @mentioning their friend that they would
recommend the product to and instead of your app sending the "invite" the
user would send the invite from their own account.

The Tweet Button/Tweet Web Intent are great for this purpose as it allows
you to pre-prepare the text and the user still retains control over the
message they actually send. The Tweet Button is documented here:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_button and the Tweet Web Intent can be
read about here: http://dev.twitter.com/pages/intents#tweet-intent

If you have/want or more rich Twitter API integration, you could use the API
to accomplish this instead.

@episod <http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=episod> - Taylor
Singletary