We are doing this in a VERY controlled way, where the switch from REST
API to Site Streams (and back) is very simple as needed in our
application. Also, the users who get Site Streams are VERY few, and
are aware of it. So far, so good, we are doing very well with it. It
has been up for many days, no interruptions. Happy happy.

Mark