Scott,

I am using this method described in Abraham twitteroauth

/* Create a TwitterOauth object with consumer/user tokens. */
$connection = new TwitterOAuth($consumer_key,$consumer_secret,
$oauth_token,$oauth_token_secret);

/* delete DM with id=$dm_id */
$method = "direct_messages/destroy/$dm_id";
$connection->delete($method);

it is DELETE, I guess, is there any way of delete them without
consuming API? Twitter says Rate Limited = FALSE

thanks in advance!