Is it possible to authenticate from a web page without any server-side
program?  I would like to use javascript (and jsonp with query-string
oauth, I am guessing) and hard code my access_token in a javascript
variable.

I know this would be a major security no-no.  I have no intention of
putting the webpage on the internet.

I simply would like to know if my intention is even possible.  It
would be greatly appreciated if someone could put aside the security
issue for a moment and answer my question.  Thanks!

--
Have you visited the Developer Discussions feature on
https://dev.twitter.com/discussions yet?

Twitter developer links:
Documentation and resources: https://dev.twitter.com/docs