My scenario is that we are opening that authorization page in a popup window
via `window.open()`. When the user clicks "Allow", the popup window is
redirected back to our server, and a page is returned that notified the
opening page (the main window) that authorization is complete, and closes
the popup window.

This flow breaks when the user clicks on "No, Thanks". This is because for
some reason Twitter is opening the callback url, with the ?denied
query-string, in a new window/tab. This leaves the auth popup window
open unnecessarily, and no event being passed back to the original page.

In my opinion, Twitter should be simply redirecting the current window, not
opening a new one, when the user rejects permissions. Or is there a better
place to bring this up with the Twitter team (bug tracker?). Thanks in
advance!

--
Have you visited the Developer Discussions feature on
https://dev.twitter.com/discussions yet?

Twitter developer links:
Documentation and resources: https://dev.twitter.com/docs