Is that in the routers admin under routing with incoming port and outgoing
port ranges?...sorry first time owning a router..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] router and IP

> You will need to configure the router to do port forwarding.  What this
> means is that you tell the router that any incoming connection on a
> specified port gets directed to a specific local IP address (your PC).
> So the PHP script will still try to connect to the router's IP address,
> but the connection will be forwarded by the router to your PC.
>
> Sly
>
> rogersmail wrote:
> > I wrote a program that opens a server on the local pc(for p2p stuff) and
talks back and forth to the website, logging on ok and the php script
catches the correct IP address of the server started on my PC,

> > however since adding a router to my PC for my kids to use the other PC
for the net i logon ok to the website outside but after logging on it
returns the original IP of the cable modem and not the generated local ip
that the router assigns, thus i get a 10049 Bind error..

> > any ideas or directions very welcome..
>

> This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. This message is intended for the use of
addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or
> agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments
> to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its
attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any
> content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the
official business of the sending company must be taken not
> to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related
entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s)