Why do you need your local IP address, why can't you bind to IP 0.0.0.0?

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: "rogersmail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:15 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] router and IP

Also the website server after login returns to the client on the local pc
the verified IP address, which obviously is wrong with the router and after
the successful login is where i set the local pc server to start with the ip
return...i then get the 10049 error, should i find the ip that the router is
assigning...ie 192.x.x.x etc and use that for the server on the local pc or
still use the correct 81.103.x.x cable assigned one..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org> Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:10 AM Subject: Re: [twsocket] router and IP

You will need to configure the router to do port forwarding.  What this
means is that you tell the router that any incoming connection on a
specified port gets directed to a specific local IP address (your PC).
So the PHP script will still try to connect to the router's IP address,
but the connection will be forwarded by the router to your PC.

Sly

rogersmail wrote:
> I wrote a program that opens a server on the local pc(for p2p stuff) > and
talks back and forth to the website, logging on ok and the php script
catches the correct IP address of the server started on my PC,

> however since adding a router to my PC for my kids to use the other PC
for the net i logon ok to the website outside but after logging on it
returns the original IP of the cable modem and not the generated local ip
that the router assigns, thus i get a 10049 Bind error..

> any ideas or directions very welcome..

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. This message is intended for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments
to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its
attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any
content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the
official business of the sending company must be taken not
to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related
entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s)
are free from computer virus or other defect.