Is this then the right way?

Delphi7-Code:

    FtpClient1.HostName           := HostNameEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.Port               := PortEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.UserName           := UserNameEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.Password           := PasswordEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.HostDirName        := HostDirEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.HostFileName       := HostFileEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.LocalFileName      := LocalFileEdit.Text;
    FtpClient1.Passive            := passivecheck.checked;
    FtpClient1.Binary             := true;
   {FtpClient1.Binary             := binary.checked;}

    Ftpclient1.connect;
    ftpclient1.cwd;
    FtpClient1.TypeSet;
    ftpclient1.get;
    FtpClient1.Quit;

I know that Indy is easier, but FTPCLI is much better in my tool and more
stable.

THX for all Your help. I know that the truth is out there ;)

... hope we find it ...