Hi Wilfried,

well according to the mail reader i'm using (Pegasus Mail)
the "shortest" information list displayed (in a fancy way) is made of :
- From :
- To :
- Subject :

it also has some features to display attachments or some informations when
dealing with a message
coming from a ML respecting some standards.

So if you're planning to make some simpel mail reader, i would suggest you to
display
only the From, the To, the Subject and the Body of the mail.
All the other headers are rather control headers (for several reasons as mail
path, mail content description).

HTH,

Best regards,

> Hello Guillaume,
>
> > they're just control headers to trace
> > I think, if it is to show the email date, you have a 'Date' header.
>
> You right, I dont need them. Only the 'Date:' header to let display the
> datetime in mail reader. I want to make the headers as minimal as
> possible.
>
> Do I need the MIME-Version, Content-Type and Content-Transfer-Encoding
> also or can it be left out ? There will be only plain text and never an
> attach.
>
>    MailBody := 'Delivered-To: ' + EMail + #13#10 +
>                'Subject: ' + Subject + #13#10 +
>                'Date: ' + DT + #13#10 +
>                'From: ' + From + #13#10 +
>                'To: ' + DestName + #13#10#13#10 +
>                Data;

Guillaume MAISON
-----
Guillaume MAISON - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
83, Cours Victor Hugo
47000 AGEN
Tél : 05 53 87 91 48 - Fax : 05 53 68 73 50
e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Web : http://nauteus.com