Perhaps we should migrate to Google/Yahoo groups? We might lose the archieve too!

Regards,

SZ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Kyler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <delphi-talk@elists.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 12:39 AM
Subject: eLists Needs a New Host

Justin Yunke and I, the hosts of eLists and its predecessor for nearly a
decade, are getting out of the web hosting business. We need to find a new
home for eLists by the end of June or terminate the lists.  The new
host/owner must be able to fulfill these requirements:

- Have a Linux box...the DB files that make up the config (I believe) are
OS-specific.  If someone had a *BSD box, they might have to do some funky
exporting/importing.  There may be some issues if using drastically
different installations of Linux (Slackware is typically one of the least
annoying).

- Have a mail server (preferably exim, postfix, sendmail) configured with
SPAM filters.

- Provide 3.3GB of space minimum for the current mailman directory, which
includes the archived web content.  At least 10GB should be provided so
backups can be made during upgrades.

- Be able to install and maintain the Mailman software.

- Commit to operating the lists is the spirit of the Delphi community.  By
that I mean we will not turn them over to someone who intends to sell
advertising, etc via the lists or to sell the subscriber addresses.

The current list moderators are willing to continue on with the new host so what we need is someone to provide hosting and the care/feeding of Mailman.

Does anyone know someone willing to take on eLists?  If so, have them
contact me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- do NOT respond to the list.

--
Ken Kyler
List Manager