I miss earlier mails of this thread (they were accidentally deleted) but picking up on this one (I hope I'm not missing the point entirely)

Make sure you are not confusing Unicode with MBCS and SBCS.
Unicode is always 16 bits
MBCS (Multi Byte Character Set) as opposed to SBCS (Single Byte CS) can contain, for certain characters, two (or more) bytes, as opposed to only one byte for most other characters in that same character set.
I'm not sure if Turkish can have MB characters ?

If you're clear about that, also know that Borland VCL is limited in it's capabilities to properly show non-latin characters on latin-set systems. This is because VCL is completely MBCS inside, if it were Unicode we wouldn't have all these problems. So, suppose Win2K or XP, they are unicode based and convert MBCS via a system defined code page to Unicode before displaying it anywhere.

If, for instance, your system's code page is set to "UK English" (as an example) and you try to use foreign characters in a MBCS application (like Borland builds them) then you will have problems seeing the correct characters ! To work around that you have to tell XP that you want to use a different code page (and next reboot your system)

To do this (XP) :

My Computer / Control panel / Date, Time, Language and regional settings / Regional and Language Options / (third tab) Advanced
Language for non-unicode programs
See what language is specified there. If not Turkish, try setting it to Turkish and see if this fixes things (*)

(*) Without really knowing what the real issue is ;-))
Like said, I hope I'm not beside the point entirely

Best Regards,
Peter
Peter Van Hove
CD and DVD Data recovery