Hello,

I just recall, that I hade a long time ago a simular problem with a
French customar. He gived me text in a file, that I should transmit to
vehicles. At a certain moment he was changing to new machines, and lots
of parts of text where corrupted in my logs. However in the customar's
log not (he did backoffice program, and I did the gateway/mobile part).

It seemed after viewing the text files with a hex editor, in the
beginning some characters where 2 byte, and in some parts of the file
the same (2 byte). However moste characters where 1 byte.

I hade sent someone else to him and I recall it was fixed with changing
something in regional settings. It was certainly not unicode, because
what I understeand of unicode is that each character is 2 byte.

I will try to trace back what the engineer I sent did. Not easy... He is
the kind of person who write nothing down and trust his volatile memory
:)

---
Rgds, Wilfried
http://www.mestdagh.biz