Would probably be a bit of effort to integrate it into the component, although not as much as for SOCKS. But its very easy to implement at the application level. Just send your connect request as the first thing and wait for a 2xx reply for ok before continuing, else close the connection.

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:24 PM
Subject: [twsocket] Http proxy tunneling?

I saw http proxy tunneling (connect through http proxy
servers that support CONNECT method) mentioned a few times on
the list but has anyone actually implemented it?
It's similar to the socks proxy support. I looked at
wsocket code. A lot of it has to do with socks proxy support.
Http proxy tunneling would probably take the same amount of effort,
which is a little intimidating to me (time availability and the
possibility of messing up the well tested code) So I'm asking to
see if someone has actually implemented it, but did not put in
Francois's distribution.

--
Best regards,
Jack