The updated (by Maurizio Lotauro) HTTP client component has
been downloaded now hundreds of time.
We received not so much feedback here !

Only one :(

Should I consider it is fully working and make it available in the regular
distribution ?

At this point I suggest to include it in the regular distribution for
two different reasons.
If many people has used it and nobody complains then it is time to
apply the fix in the regular version.
If only a few people tested it then including it in the regular version
is the only chance to know if it is reliable or not.

Tell me if you want that I prepare a fixed version based on the last
distribution, i.e. June 6, 2005.

We could wait a few more days and add the gz compression feature as well. Because gz compression use a DLL, I would like to have it turned off by default at compile time. That is use a conditional compilation switch "USE_HTTP_CLI_GZ" to allow use of the DLL. So all new properties would always be compiled in, but as soon as gz feature is requested at runtime, an exception is raised telling the developper to use the symbol. When the symbol is defined, gz will work as expected.

The next step is to replace the DLL by pure Delphi code, or have a conditional switch to use the DLL or the Delphi code (using the DLL would be probably faster because it is optimized with assembler code).