Now let's get back to your demo HttpTst and let's ask some questions again;) 1. You said: "You can use any storage method you like to save the cookie. " - I don't need to save this cookie on a disc because I don't need it after the session is closed so any other method to do this would be great (can you please write a really simple code how to
do this because I am quite new to it? :(

Yes, you don't have to store the cookie on disk. But you may if you like :-)
Cookies are just simple strings. You can store them into a simple TStringList. Or you can parse them when received and save the parsed values to a record or an object and use a TList or TObjectList to keep a list of those items for later use when sending more requests.

2. How should it be done to simulate clicking a link?

Clicking on a link is simple "getting" the URL specified by the link. You use the Get or GetAsync method of the component. You must also search your cookie store to find any applicable cookie for the URL you are getting.

The idea is simple - it must be
the same session - so how to keep the session alive after opening the first URL?

HTTP is sessionless. That's why cookies has been created. That is the cookie which maintain what we could call a session. The server send a cookie and the browser send it back with the next request (related to the path specified in the cookie). So the server know it is the same "session".

And how to open the next URL in the same session? Or maybe the session is alive all the time till I
close the HttpTst program? What's the answer?

The session is alive from the time you grab the cookie and as long as you send the cookie(s) along with any subsequent requests, no matter if the TCP session use for HTTP transport or you quit your program. The session live is only depending on the cookie being sent. Some server program doesn't enforce cookie expiration (that is they rely on the browser to stop sending an expired cookie), other also maintain an expiration date/time at server side (Better because someone can easily hack cookies).

The server has no wayt to know that you quite your program or not. HTTP protocol specify that several request can be sent thru separate TCP sessions. IE use several TCP sessions simultaneously to speed up page loading (a web page is frequently a lot of requests).

3. Forgive me please my nooblike questions but I am quite new to the subject
and sure would like to learn more;)

You're welcome.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julian S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>