yes, the DataServer I commented is doing well, no problem at all, even with all thread complexity involved... the problem is the location of the smtp.connect, inside or outside the ondataavailable. I do the threading because some processing can be very cpu time consuming in the DS, so another clients continue to be attended by main thread while others are being in the others threads, thanks anyway angus
Flavio

Rm 12:2 - "E não vos conformeis com este século, mas transformai-vos pela renovação da vossa mente, para que experimenteis qual seja a boa, agradável e perfeita vontade de Deus."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] SMTPCli within a NT service - stack overflow

It's won't help you, but I have complex NT services doing several SQL
database updates a second from packets received by TWSocket, and more
rarely sending email using SMPTCli, and they run for weeks at a time
without problems.

I don't use threads, they are not necessary despite our level of traffic.

Angus