What is IIS reply to the "RETR ." command ? Is it a file, a directory list or what ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnold FLUTEAUX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:41 PM
Subject: [twsocket] RETR . On ftpServer

Hello,

Thanks for your response.
In fact "RETR ." is the command that I receive and it's not OK with ICS
ftpServer. However when I close my sample ftp and I turn on IIS, it works
with the same FTP program. I must say that I don't know this client program;
it's launch from an AS400.
Regards
Arnold

Hello,

"." is a folder link and not a file that points to the current folder.
RETR comes from "RETRieve a file". Therefore "RETR ." is not coherent. I
doubt it works on IIS either.

Regards,

SZ