Hello Angus,

IP Helper is the only thing you need, no specific driver if it's only
bandwidth.

It permit also to get separate traffic for each card.

Regards.

ARMSL> I always though that proper monitoring of TCP/IP traffic required a
ARMSL> device driver, but BMExtreme seems to manage it through the standard
ARMSL> winsock API:

ARMSL> http://www.lp23.com/bmextreme/

ARMSL> It's able to list IP addresses visited, and distinguish internal and
ARMSL> external traffic on a adaptor, on most OSs (I'm using XP SP2).  A quick
ARMSL> look at it's dependencies suggests only WSAIotl is used, plus open
ARMSL> socket, etc.

ARMSL> So is there a way to monitor traffic on an adaptor using winsock?  It
ARMSL> would make a very useful ICS component, allowing bandwidth monitoring
ARMSL> in particular which is important to many with capped ADSL connections.
ARMSL> I currently use IP Helper, but this only sees total traffic through an
ARMSL> adaptor, and I need to exclude local stuff.

ARMSL> Angus