Hello Wilfried,

> the MAIL FROM: ... or in Smtp client FromName, what is original meaning
> of it?  I have tryed with several SMTP servers and I can fill in
> whatever I want, it is always accepted, and for the mail reader only the
> headers are used.
>
> Or could it be that some SMTP servers have a list with valid FROM names
> to accept mail from ?

A server may reject a none local From address, but practically most servers
don't, since anybody can send any address in the Mail From command.
However that address is used by the server to build the Return-Path, that's
why we get so much bounces from SPAM or Viruses using our e-mail address :(

Arno Garrels