I have to amend my original posting. Further experimentation this
afternoon has shown that TWebUpdate does work with Basic authentication.
I have to provide the userid and password for the proxy server to the
program, and there's a 2 minute delay when the connection starts before
it actually seems to begin working, but I _was_ able to get my software
to automatically update. Just was taking longer than I thought, and I
was stopping my test program too early. I got distracted one time and
left it alone, and came back to an "Update complete" message, and it
actually had updated. Not a bad way to end the day.

It apparently doesn't work at all with NTLM, though. That was what we
were beating on last week - we switched to Basic today to see how it
fared.

I'm still interested in comments/opinions on the status of the proxy
support in ICS - I may want to write my own updater anyway.

Warrick