I do not want multithreading.  I assume that each connection is a thread,
no?  The images are broken, partially displayed, the image is displayed as
text characters.

Maybe this will help, here is my code so far:

procedure TForm1.HttpServer1GetDocument(Sender, Client: TObject;
  var Flags: THttpGetFlag);
var
  C: THttpConnection;
begin
  C := THttpConnection(Client);

  if C.Path = '/' then
  begin
    ShowDirectory(Sender, Client, Flags);
    Exit;
  end;

  if FileExists(C.Document) and (Pos('image', C.Params)>0) then
  begin
    ShowShowimage(Sender, Client, Flags);
    Exit;
  end;
end;

procedure TForm1.ShowThumb(Sender, Client: TObject; Flags: THttpGetFlag);
var
  i: Integer;
  C: THttpConnection;
  JPeg: TJPegImage;
  ar: Double;
  nx, ny: Integer;
  ms: TMemoryStream;
begin
  C := THttpConnection(Client);
  Flags := hgSendStream;
  ms := TMemoryStream.Create;
  JPeg := TJPegImage.Create;
  JPeg.LoadFromFile(C.Document);

  if Jpeg.Width > 100 then
  begin
    ar := 100 / JPeg.Width;
    nx := Round(JPeg.Width * ar);
    ny := Round(JPeg.Height * ar);
    ResizeJPeg(JPeg, nx, ny);
  end;

  JPeg.SaveToStream(ms);
  JPeg.Free;
  C.DocStream := ms;
  C.AnswerStream(Flags, '', 'image/jpeg', '');
end;