Hello Wilfried,

I  am not sure that is consume no time. If I remember well, local vars
are  dynamicaly  allocated  and  deallocated each time you go into the
procedure,  so  it take a bit (not much) to allocate/deallocate it and
finally you may produce more memory fragmentation.

I may be wrong but if not Dan should better make a Buffer as global
var so it is allocated just once.