On 29-Aug-05 09:51:00 Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:

>> Huu??? No no, this is the "original" version made by Xavier. What I
>> wrote referred to my version.
>>
>> I just sent a release candidate to Francois, wait his announcement.

>It was the latest version available from the ICS web site.  If GZIP did
>not work in that version, why was it posted atall?  Why was it still
>there three months later?  Why did you keep insist people test it if
>you knew it did not work?

Excuse me, but how I can know that you have missed the key messages
and don't download the file that we are speaking?

There are a snipped of messages from Francois in this mailing list:

----8<----
Subject: [twsocket] HTTP client component and document encoding
Date: 21 Jul 2005 17:15:19 GMT

Maurizio Lotauro is working on the HTTP client component to extend the work
already done by Xavier Le Bris (gzip support). The idea is to have a general
mechanism in the component to register encoding system so that adding new
encoding scheme doesn't require component change.

Preliminary code is available from
http://www.overbyte.be/arch/dump/HttpContCod.zip
Any comment is welcome !